My Sticky Mess

Well I'm a bad butt cowgirl living in the wild midwest, wicka wicka scratch, yo yo bang bang. Me and Artemis Clyde Frogg gonna save Salma Hayek from the big bad spider. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Gold Fronts

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Have you ever seen one of those Heartland rappers, that whenever they defend themselves, they do it through song?

I'm not talking about Midwest rappers, from Chi-town, or St. Loius, I'm talkin Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota spitters. They try so desperately hard to be hard in a place where you're only as hard as the guy down the street, who ain't that hard to begin with.

So since they are regionally, yet unintentionally wack, they are constantly on the defense. But to see them defend themselves is a true experience.

"Yo nigga! Why you so wack?"

"F*ck you nigga! You mighta seen me in the streets but nigga, you don't know me When you holla when you speak, remember you don't know me Save all the hatin' and the poppin', nigga you don't know me Quit tellin' niggaz you my partna, nigga you don't know me!"

And you can't be mad at them, because in it's own way, it was art. You just witnessed art. So what do you do? Clap? Snap? Give a tip? Naw, you sit there, you appreciate, and then you move on.

That's what I do anyway.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger katiedid said...

I do not know where you got that picture, but I'm dying of curiosity now. And gagging- that's just gross to think how long you'd have to be sitting at the dentists to get that done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home