My Sticky Mess

Well I'm a bad butt cowgirl living in the wild midwest, wicka wicka scratch, yo yo bang bang. Me and Artemis Clyde Frogg gonna save Salma Hayek from the big bad spider. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Cinnamon Ice Cream

Title: Cinnamon Ice Cream
Author: StickyKeys633
Challenge #49: 500 words (or less) about food. Characters can be eating, talking, whatever, but the plot, the thrust of the narrative, the reason you're writing? It's about FOOD. The beginning line is: Give me another bite of that ____
Words: 500, exactly
Time: 35 minutes without edited, 45 with
Warnings: Not really nasty, but some mild sex talk.
Notes: I love feedback of any kind.



"Give me another bite of that yum yum chocolate chip, honey dip, can I get a scoop? Baby take a ride in my coop, you make me wanna Shoop!"

"Why must you always quote Salt N Peppa for everything? I asked her as I grabbed a couple of spoons and some napkins.

"Well you have to admit, it was relevant this time." And it was so I shouldn't have complained, but it's so easy nowadays. Complaining about the world, people in the world and the things they do. But today wasn't a day to complain, it was a day for ice cream. We had these old-fashioned waffle cones that were a little spongy and still warm. The ice cream didn't really melt on them as much as it melted into them. I had cinnamon,

"Cinnamon? That sounds so nasty!" She said as I ordered. I cut her my patented, "Please stop being ghetto in front of the white people" look. The look was an unfortunate part of me because really I didn't mind the way she acted. I didn't mind the way that black people, my people, acted in general The look was one that was passed on to me by my mother, and my grandmother; the women who schooled me into becoming a respectable, "well-spoken" black woman. She caught my look, but she knows me,

"There you go lookin' crazy again!" She played it off, because today wasn't about debating looks, it was a day for ice cream. I smiled,

"It's like cinnamon-sugar, not cinnamon-hot. It's sweet."

"Like me!" She laughed and touched her finger to her bottom, and then put it in her mouth, "Chocolatey and delicious!" I had to laugh at that, I had no choice. Even if it hadn't been funny. For our sake -and for that of the iced cream- I laughed, and so did she. We found a bench to sit on and devoured our treats.

"Girl!" She started. I knew whatever she had to say next was going to be nasty, gossipy, or gross, and I would be interested, "Tyrone!" Tyrone was her man -one of her men- he was the sex fiend.

"Girl, last night Tyrone bought home a chocolate cake. He fed it to me and it was so good, but then he accidentally spilled some and you know how he got it off!" Suddenly I got a vision. It happens sometimes, someone will talk about something and I'll manage to think up the most stupid reference I can. This one involved Tyrone as Charlton Heston, licking her off, and screaming that she tasted like Soylen Green, and that Soylen Green was people.

"Are you listening to me?" And she knew I wasn't, not like I never listen, just, well, you see where I was at the moment.

I'm sorry girl, this ice cream is sooo good!"

It is isn't it?" I nod and think about all the people, in the world, who are missing this. I want to share it with random passersby so that they know it's goodness, but I can't. All I can do is enjoy it on my own, and hope others will get their turn.

10 Comments:

At 2:00 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

You are so adorable! Love the story!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

Thanks, it was a challenge I did over at live journal! When I update my links (probably tonight), I'm going to add you! I love your blog, it's soo cute! I also love carrotpenis's, Ha!

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger katiedid said...

Very nice... I like how you took that subtle turn of imagination. It went from two friends eating together to you wishing you could share your inner Walter Mitty with the world. Interesting experiment, good job.

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

I learned who Walter Mitty was! You always teach me something Katiedid!

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Kate said...

You totally cracked me up. I love that story. I love the ending. That last line is perfect. :-)

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

I'm been neglecting my blogger! Darn Live Journal! THanks for checking it out! I'm making it a point to check out all the blogger pages tonight. Thanks Katiedid!

 
At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://yshargdi.com/prhj/jmln.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rppvusgu.com/djrv/ymhj.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://yshargdi.com/prhj/jmln.html | http://owzearpg.com/sfbu/atzb.html

 
At 5:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all Good page stickykeys633.blogspot.com! Thanks.
hydrocodone
http://www11.asphost4free.com/tramadolrx/Tramadol.html tramadol tramadol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home