My Sticky Mess

Well I'm a bad butt cowgirl living in the wild midwest, wicka wicka scratch, yo yo bang bang. Me and Artemis Clyde Frogg gonna save Salma Hayek from the big bad spider. Enjoy!

Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm sooo Smort!

I've decided to tell people that I've read books that I haven't, and then give a description so believable that the person thinks that maybe they didn't read it.


"I just got done reading The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway and it was so riveting. The way the characters came together was splendid. The book was filled with love and conflict that really spoke throughout it's pages. I've never seen black characters written in a way that humanized their attributes the way this book did. And the scenery! I could feel the Italian breezes drift over me as I read the descriptions in the book. I also loved how when the seasons in the book changed, the climate of the story telling changed as well. When it was winter the narrator spoke in quick short sentences filled with chilling sarcasm, and in the summer the narrator spoke in long, frilly odes. So wonderful!"

"Wait, what book did you read?"

"The Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway."

"That doesn't sound right... I thought The Old Man and the Sea was about-"

"Well I just read it! I think I know what it's about, you're probably thinking about something else."

"Uhh, maybe I am, but I could have sworn-"

"Something else!"

and I've decided to do this... just because.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM , Blogger Urban Chick said...

what a clever wheeze! i haven't read a novel in AN AGE, so this will be my new tactic with friends

and of course they end the conversation thinking: did i really read that book?

he he

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home