My Sticky Mess

Well I'm a bad butt cowgirl living in the wild midwest, wicka wicka scratch, yo yo bang bang. Me and Artemis Clyde Frogg gonna save Salma Hayek from the big bad spider. Enjoy!

Monday, June 27, 2005

On The Surface...

I'm talking about on people.

I'm reading some writings of the guy I'm stalking, and I'm realizing that we have absolutely nothing in common...

and yet, we are the same person.

We have soo many differences...

I'm Black, He's White
I'm Straight, He's Gay
I'm northern, He's southern
I'm an intellectual fraud, He's a literal genius

And when you look at these things, on the surface, they are in direct conflict with eath other. I took a quiz that said there was no chance of a relationship if your favorite movies would avoid each other at a party, but that's just it.

Because we both have tons of favorite movies. Some would ignore each other, some would make out on the couch, some would dance drunkenly totally freaking out to whatever was on, some would discuss the latest episode of whatever show was on, some would squee about someone's level of hottness, some would gossip and then tell everyone else what they heard, some would scheme on each other, some would take the closest chair and slam it over the other's head, some would hook up in the room of their host's little brother, some would get high and philosophize, some would get all political, some would call the other something racially insensitive, etc.
And we would sit there -I think- him and I, watching this, and making commentary about it. And that commentary would be in total agreement with each other, even if we disagreed because above all of this, we are the same person.

So what makes a person your identical match and your polar opposite?

6 Comments:

At 1:51 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Are you talking about a certain recapper by any chance?

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

I can't say I know what you're talking about...

*wink

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger katiedid said...

GAH! S! Just when I thought I'd read through all my bloglines, you post another I have to read!

I think the thing I like in general are people who have a certain level of intellectual curiosity, and kindness. Only if they don't have either of those two things would I consider them polar opposites.

I think I'd hate to meet my identical match. It'd be like trying to get the two north ends of a couple of magnets to glom onto each other: it just wouldn't work out.

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

I'm glad you said that! I had forgotten about that aspect of it.

Maybe I'm not so crazy after all?

Nah!

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Kate said...

OK, unless I'm also an intellectual fraud (and so I can't tell the dif) you strike me as an actual intellectual. Not a fraud by any means.

Anyway, I like people who are brave enough to not conform. I don't mean they are non-conformist just for the hell of it, but just because they are true to themselves and what they want and not afraid to buck the trend.

I like people who have imagination and who enjoy imagination in others.

I'm annoyed by people who see someone doing something outside the norm and say "Oh that's *interesting*" meaning "that's not normal, why are you doing that?"

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

Kate, you always put a smile on my face. I love reading your blog and wish I had more time to comment. QAF has been eating my life!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home