My Sticky Mess

Well I'm a bad butt cowgirl living in the wild midwest, wicka wicka scratch, yo yo bang bang. Me and Artemis Clyde Frogg gonna save Salma Hayek from the big bad spider. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Cool Like Dat

but not really...

You know those black people who are only cool to white people? They're mostly mixed and they grew up in a rural Ne town and went to school with only whites? One day in jr high they discovered that being black was cool, but they had no idea why, or how? They are completely at ease being black around white people, but black people freak them right out?

I ran into five of them today. And they all went out of their way to ignore me.

And I couldn't be mad.

*sigh*

4 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Blogger katiedid said...

I don't know if I have noticed this - I'm fairly sure this is likely because I AM white, though. Now that post is food for thought for me.

 
At 12:39 AM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

I think it may be a regional thing, but one of the reasons I can't be mad is because I was like that to a certain extent.

My black friends were my church friends and I really didn't start to have a great load of black friends until Jr High and High School, and definitely College.

Just a side note. It's odd that my best friends now are the ones I met in college in the one year I was there.

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

Update: We just the king of these kinds of black people in our valet department. He refuses to have anything to do with me, and he's scared to death. It's sad.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Urban Chick said...

again, being white and non-american, i am intrigued by this phenomenon

where i live, white kids want to be 'black' because being black is so cool

thank you for the insight!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home