My Sticky Mess

Well I'm a bad butt cowgirl living in the wild midwest, wicka wicka scratch, yo yo bang bang. Me and Artemis Clyde Frogg gonna save Salma Hayek from the big bad spider. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Won't Tsombody Tsthink of Tsthe TsChildren?!

My friend Nina, and I love American Idol, and we were watching yesterday when Vonzell sang the Tsunami Tsingle (tm the lovely Jacob) and how the judges keep pimping it. I thought it was nice that they did the album, and that the proceeds are going to charity, and Nina made the comment that every few years there's some national even that brings the country together. This is that conversation.

Nina: You know, every few years there's some huge major event that brings this country together.

StickyKeys: I know,

Nina: There's 9/11, then World War 1...

StickyKeys: Uhhh

Nina: The Civil War...

StickyKeys: I like how "every few years" to you means like, "every few decades or centuries". The Renaissance...

Nina: Slavery...

StickyKeys: The Big Bang, Jesus dying on the cross...

Nina: When Penny got burnt by the iron on Good Times...

StickyKeys: That was a big one, my mom says she remembers exactly what she was doing when that happened.

Nina: What was she doing?

StickyKeys: Getting her hair done, so it really hit home.

Nina: Michael Jackson...


fin.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Blogger katiedid said...

Ugh, the whole MJ thing... I don't know about the country, but he brings pundits and "journalists" together, at least physically outside that courthouse.

I have never seen a single eppy of Good Times. Not one! I feel like my pop culture IQ is suffering now.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger StickyKeys said...

You know, the only ep of Good Times I've ever seen in my life was when Penny (lil Janet Jackson) got burnt. It's iconic to most black people. I don't know why, I think it's just one of those things that just is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home